I don’t think I make the exact same recipe twice, but this is the general recipe I use when I have vegetables that need used up and I’m having a hankering for something warm and comforting! This recipe also freezes very well and can be heated up as a starter for a meal you may be prepping for. It also pairs well with my coconut “corn” bread recipe!
- 6 large carrots
- 2 medium Sweet potatoes – peeled and cut roughly into similar sized pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion – peeled and cut coarsely
- 4 garlic cloves – minced
- About 1 inch knob of fresh ginger – microplaned
- 1, 32oz box of organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a large soup pot heat coconut oil
- Add onions and saute for a few minutes
- Add garlic and saute for a few minutes
- Add carrots and sweet potato – stir and cook for 10-15 min
- Add broth – cover and let simmer until vegetables are easily pierced with a fork
- Use an immersion blender or a stand blender (a little messier) to blend the soup into a puree
- Add 1 can of full fat coconut milk – stir in
- Add salt and pepper to taste (I like a lot of pink salt!)
- Simmer for 10 min then ready to serve!
You can also add in butternut squash or turnip if you have these laying around too!