One of my favorite things to make to bring to a summer BBQ, clam bake or party is coconut “corn” bread. It is very easy to make, and freezes well! I like this version of corn bread as it is actually corn free for those who have sensitivities. It is also tree nut free, peanut free for those sufferers as well! The only caveat is egg, there are a lot of eggs in this recipe so may not be a great alternative for those who are sensitive to egg.
- 6 pasture-raised eggs
- 2 tablespoons raw, local honey
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cups sifted coconut flour (sift first, then measure)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (aluminum-free)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Grease a small loaf pan with coconut oil
Hint: Cut a piece of parchment paper to put on the bottom of the pan and then grease it as well. I always have a hard time getting the loaf to come out without losing some of the bottom crust!
- Blend together eggs, ghee, honey and salt with hand mixer
- Combine coconut flour with baking powder and mix with liquid ingredients until there are no lumps.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on rack.
I always make 2 loaves, one to eat now and one for freezing! Come the fall when it’s soup season, you’ll be happy you have one to thaw!