We Stand for a Better World. We Stand Against Racism.
We Stand in Support of Black Americans.
The Team at Collaborative Natural Health Partners is standing up, together with and for our community and will not remain silent.
We recognize the systemic racism towards people of color and are horrified and saddened by the most recent acts of violence as well as the long and undisputed history of racial injustice .
We are painfully aware of the vast inequities within the healthcare system, and the additional challenges of access and availability faced by people of color across the country. Covid-19 has shown a bright light on these disparities, revealing how social and economic factors directly affect individual health.
Our commitment to the wellness of the community and our patients demands that we help address the systemic biases and injustices that have persisted throughout America’s history.
As physicians and leaders, we stand now to make this commitment to our patients and our community:
- We hold strong to our oath of “First do no harm”, which includes standing up and speaking out against all forms of racism, discrimination, and bias.
- We affirm our commitment to diversity and equal opportunity that transcends race, gender, or sexual orientation. We celebrate that it is that very diversity that makes our community and our country great.
- We have profound empathy and compassion and acknowledge the unknowable pain and grief that the families and the communities of these victims are experiencing.
- We promise to continue to educate ourselves and others to address these issues head-on.
- We commit to partner with local communities, public health agencies, and municipal governments to dismantle structural racism.
- We unequivocally choose inclusion. We choose to be caretakers working toward the highest manifestation of health. We choose love.