Naturopathic Medicine is a type of health care that joins science based treatments with traditional healing methods…
The underlying principle of Naturopathy is that the body has the ability to maintain good health and balance on its own. The practice of Naturopathic Medicine seeks to support this natural ability through the use of numerous modalities including acupuncture and nutritional support.
Naturopathic Medicine follows six important principles:
- The Healing Power of Nature – support the body in its own ability to heal.
- Identify and Treat the Causes – address the root cause of an issue, not just the symptoms.
- First Do No Harm – Minimize risk and choose safer therapies.
- Doctor as Teacher – Help the patient grow to support their own good health
- Treat the Whole Person – A patient should be seen as a whole, without a myopic view of only the presented issue.
- Prevention – Healthy living is an important part of supporting and maintaining good health.